StartUp Interview Question for Software Engineer / Developers
- 0of 0 votes
- there is a large filed (dimensions are specified)- rahulgupta999 May 31, 2014 in India
- Given a list of rice varieties that can be grown on a square plots (of 2X2) in the large field.
- Given the dimensions of the large field we can find out the number of individual plots that can be cut out (rows and columns)
- Each variety has its own pollination period specified by start and end date.
- We have to assign plot to each variety such that there is no intersection in pollination period of neighbouring varieties.
- Neighbouring variety is the variety grown in the adjacent plot. Any plot can have a max of 8 neighbours
- The output is a 2D matrix representation, where each cell is a plot. Each plot is assigned at most one variety of rice.
- Each variety of rice can be assigned to at most one plot
- Maximise the number of varieties used. (minimise the number of vacant plots)
- it is ok if some plots are left empty
- no_of_rice_varieties <=1000
| Report Duplicate | Flag | PURGE
StartUp Software Engineer / Developer Algorithm
Interview Type: In-Person
Open Chat in New Window