Bloomberg LP Interview Question for Software Engineer / Developers
- 0of 0 votes
Phone screen:- anonymous December 09, 2010
45 minute interview. Horrible experience:
1. How do you call a C library from C++ code and how to you call a C++ library from C code? In the second one, the C++ library only contains pointers and normal function calls, nothing C++ related.
I didn't really know what he was looking for in the second case but then he gave me function overloading as a hint. Then mentioned name mangling.
2. You have an empty class. What does compiler do?
3. What if the class had 1 object? Then he asked if these objects can be sorted? (Sorry, I don't get it either.) When I said you can't sort 1 object then he switched and said an array of objects.
4. Can you sort these objects in the class as a key to a map?
5. What's the sorting order of a map?
6. You have a singly linked list from 1 to 10. and your pointer is pointing to the 5th element. Oh and you don't have a head or tail pointer. Tell me the algorithm to delete this element.
Sorry I don't remember some of the other ridiculous questions. :(
| Report Duplicate | Flag | PURGE
Bloomberg LP Software Engineer / Developer C++
Open Chat in New Window