- » Resume
41 Heath Street, Buffalo, NY - 14214 (716) 514 3623
Software Design and Development
Wireless Networks and Applications
• Masters in Computer Science and Engineering
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York.
GPA: 3.6. Graduating in Feb 2007.
• Bachelors in Information Technology
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, University of Madras, India.
Percentage: 86% (Rank 2 in a class of 140). Graduated in May 2004.
Languages : C, C++, Java
OS : Windows 9x, NT, XP, Linux
Databases : Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL
Software : Eclipse, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Flash, MS Office
Tools : Rational Rose, MATLAB, MS Visio, MS Project, Ant
Frameworks : Jakarta Struts 1.1, JUnit, Log4j
Servers : Apache Tomcat 5.0, JBoss, WebLogic 8.1
Software Engineering : Software development, requirements specification, design, project management, testing
• IT Intern, Convergys Corporation, Cincinnati, OH, May 2006 – Aug 2006.
* Worked in the Speech Technology Group at Convergys Labs.
* Involved in a Java project to develop an automated system for assisting callers through various agent intervention modes in a call center environment.
* Responsible for building a logger framework using Log4j
* Implemented web services from WSDL. Wrote various JUnit test cases for them.
* Integrated web services with the Fair Isaac Decision agent component.
* Environment : Java, JDBC, MySQL, WebLogic 8.1, JUnit, Ant
* Usability Testing of user interface and experience in multimodal interfaces.
• Software Engineer, HCL Technologies Ltd., Chennai, India, July 2004 – July 2005.
* Worked in a J2EE project to develop the Voucher management system, a prepaid card management system that generates and manages life cycle of prepaid cards.
* Actively involved in requirements specification, design, coding and testing.
* Responsible for system modeling and database design. Used Rational Rose for UML diagrams including use case, class and sequence diagrams.
* Handled majority of the front end design using Struts framework. Developed business components in EJB (CMP) and DAO for modules.
* Implemented Role based access control for the application.
* Researched on external interfaces and EAI. Worked on security in system interaction with third-party vendors.
* Worked on a project proposal for Collex, an Australian company providing environmental services, on their Fleet tracking system. Designed the database model and screen templates.
• Student Assistant, Sep 2005 – Jan 2007.
Providing customer service/support as CIT public computing site consultant at UB.
• Sun Certified Java Programmer, Java 2 Platform 1.4
• Role-Based Access Control
Design and implementation of Role based access control for employee management system deployed on JBoss server. Environment: Java, DAO, Struts, JBoss 4
• Data Integration
Design and implementation of XML database. Published XQuery expressions over XML data as web service. Integrated with other students’ database and Amazon’s inventory using XQuery based web services. Deployed on WebLogic and created data services using BEA AquaLogic
Data Services Platform. Environment: Tomcat, Saxon, WSDL, XQuery, WebLogic, BEA ALDSP.
• Database Systems
Working on query optimization and indexing techniques. Writing SQL queries in Oracle and implementing transactions using JDBC. Implementation of a file with one or more indexes that uses B+-tree data structure. To implement a query parser and evaluator to work with the database files created in previous phase. Environment: Java
Simpella. Implemented a simplified version of the Gnutella Protocol Version called Simpella. It is a distributive search/file sharing protocol. Each program implementing this is called a servent and can behave both as a server and client. This served as an insight into P2P networks. Environment: C/UNIX.
• Wireless Network Security
Implemented PING flood attack using spoofed IP address and the TCP-SYN attack. Implemented basic sniffing software to collect data packets over the wireless medium. Simulated a MAC layer attack using GloMoSim.
• Software Engineering
Child Talker. A project for the “Center for handicapped Children” to develop an augmentative device that helps children with limited motor skills with speech. Involved in requirements specifications, design, data modeling, project management and presentation. Used MS Project for charting the project plan and MS Visio for design. Designed Brochures for the product in Photoshop.
• Computer Vision and Image Processing
Object classification using moments. A project coded in MATLAB to recognize/match objects in an image with templates and classify them.
• Operating Systems
Nachos Operating System. Three projects dealing with implementing the File System call API, support for Multiprogramming, Inter-process Communication, and building a demand paging system. Environment: C/C++, Unix
• Embedded Systems
Biomedical Signal Processing and Communication using GSM Interface (BiSPaC). A device designed to monitor human health and report emergencies to the doctor via SMS. A project involving microcontroller interfacing and programming, GPS systems, and the GSM modem functionality.
Virtual Experimentation, Recording and Tabulation in the Graphics Orb (Vertigo). Designed a graphical interface in high school to enable students perform physics laboratory experiments on the computer. Environment: C/C++
WilliamDGiles, Cloud Support Associate at ADP
Spent 2001-2006 creating marketing channels for tar worldwide. Was quite successful at building tobacco for farmers. Won several awards for ...
marisamsan7, Cloud Support Associate at ADP
Hi, I am Photoengraver from an CO,USA. I am a girl with a strong desire to travel the world ...
sallieroliphant, Project Leader at Wissen Technology
With years of experience I can guarantee you that our licensed company specializes in furnace maintenance scarborough, air conditioners and ...
Huge collection of cheap ammo for Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun & Rimfire from top brands you are looking for.
RichardWParks, Accountant at ADP