I am currently doing my Masters in Computer Science at SUNY- Buffalo. I have gpa of 3.68. Most of my development experience is in C/C++.
Check out my resume for more details on my research/ projects
77, Merrimac Street,
Buffalo, NY 14221
Seeking a position in an organization that would allow me to utilize my skills to the maximum.
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York Masters of Science, Computer Science and Engineering • Current CGPA 3.68/4.0
Modified Priority Scheduler for Improved Performance NSF Funded
• We attempt to improve upon the resource utilization for clusters by designing better scheduling algorithms. The parameter we wish to optimize is the slowdown experienced by each job. • Made my own job simulator to compare my scheduling algorithm with the competition. The workload was taken from the parallel workloads archive. Code was written in Java. .
• Presented a research poster on this topic in IEEE Cluster 2009 conference.
Efficient Traversal of an Area using Wireless Sensor Nodes Masters Project
• Area traversal/ coverage is a fundamental application for Wireless Sensor Nodes. We developed 2 new algorithms in this area. • The first algorithm ensured quick coverage of the area and at a reasonable energy cost. The second algorithm covered the area efficiently even if there were holes in it, which was impossible previously.
• Language used was C. Got full credit for this project
SKILLS Programming Languages: C/ C++, Java
Parallel Programming/ Multi threaded programming Hadoop File System, HBase, Hive, Hama
Network Simulators: Glomosim, NS2 Other Technologies: Perl, Tcl, SQl, Microsoft Office Products Internet Technologies: HTML,JSP,ASP Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, FreeBSD, Unix, Linux
A Compiler for C++ Language
• Implemented a compiler, which could compile instructions like data declaration, if else, for/ while loops in C++
• Language used was C++. Operating System was Windows. Secured an A for this project.
Created Containers for exchange of data between processes • A scheme for the processes in the kernel to exchange data. 5 system calls added to the kernel to facilitate this.
• Extensive usage of data structure locking, dynamic memory usage, sleep/wake mechanism in the kernel.
• Language used in C. Operating system used is FreeBSD. Secured full credit for this project.
File System using Inet Domain Sockets
• Designed a distributed file system using Inet Domain Sockets. The file system was capable of performing basic operations like File Create, File Read, File Write, File Append, File List, etc. Storage of files was persistent. • Language used was C. Operating System was Linux. Secured full credit for this project.
RCP- A new Transport Layer Protocol for TCP/IP stack
• RCP is a clone of TCP- Tahoe but the congestion control is completely handled by the receiver. Implement this protocol and compared its performance with TCP- Tahoe.
• Implementation was in NS2. Languages used were C++, Tcl. Operating System was Solaris.
Implementation of Markowitz model using Hadoop
• Simulating the Markowitz model on Hadoop. The co variance matrix and expected returns matrix is computed in parallel. Currently trying to simulate SVD decomposition on Hadoop to calculate the inverse of a matrix. Will compare the performance with traditional databases.
• Hadoop/HBase is used for data storage. Used Hama for matrix multiplication. Code was written in Java.
Mac Layer Protocol for TCP/IP stack
• Developed a MAC layer protocol for an ad hoc network. There are 99 senders and each sends b copies of data in every time unit. Receiver cannot sense the medium. The value of b which maximizes data transfer is found.
• Implementation was in Glomosim. Language used was C. Operating System was Solaris.
Portable Indoor Air Quality Sensor for Asthma Patients • Designed a sensor for use by Asthma patients. The sensor warned the patient if the air in the room could trigger an asthma attack. The sensor could be calibrated according to the needs of the individual. • Wrote the system specification document, the SRS document, the project plan, designed test cases for this
• NSF grant for conducting research on scheduling in Clusters.
• Active contributor on DaniWeb C and C++ communities. username- abhimanipal
• Annual Scholarship for 4 years from Bharat Petroleum for outstanding performance in school.
• Treasurer of Leo Club- Youth Wing of Lions International, India